DO NOT APPLY IF YOU ARE NOT COMFORTABLE WORKING WITH INMATES
NOC: 7:30pm – 8:30am (12 hour shift), every other Friday, Saturday, and Sunday off.
DAY: 7:30am – 8:30pm (12 hour shift), every other Friday, Saturday, and Sunday off.
Initial training will take place during the day shift.
Pay: $36.50/hr with the opportunity to work overtime and 3 accrued sick days
Duration: long-term, temporary (6 months) with the possibility of going permanent
Facility Type: Correctional Facility
Benefits: 3 accrued sick days, 401k savings program, 50% contribution to medical coverage, direct deposit with weekly pay
- Make quick and accurate assessments of patients, including both physical and mental health conditions
- Identify medical problem
- Document medical history
- Check for any allergies and current medications
- Obtain height, weight, body temperature, heart rate, and blood pressure
- Other responsibilities include moving patients, taking blood samples, cleaning and bandaging wounds, administering medications and maintaining proper supplies of medical equipment
- Will be expected to comply with protocols, procedure and safety policies of a healthcare facility.
- Emotional stability, communication, leadership, sympathy, and attention to detail are traits we are looking for
- Must possess an associate degree in nursing, a bachelor’s of science degree in nursing, or a diploma from a hospital with a nursing program
- Must have a minimum of 2 years paid RN experience
- Current RN license
- Current BLS card
- 2 verifiable references
- Must provide proof of immunizations including TB
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screening. No felonies, misdemeanors, DUI’s, expungements, welfare fraud, etc.
- Willing to wait 4-6 weeks for background to clear